More than a month after his death, autopsy reports of pop superstar Prince has finally been released by Midwest Medical Examiner’s office. The reports show that the singer died of accidental self-administered overdose of opioid Fentanyl. Fentanyl is an extremely strong synthetic medication that Prince was supposedly taking to alleviate pain. The 57 year old performer was found dead at his Minnesota studio and house on 21st April.
Probe is on two find if certain doctors prescribed him the medication and if yes, what dosage? Prince is not known for drug abuse but close friend of the singer Shiela E. told Associated Press in an interview that Prince was suffering from hip and knee pains after wearing high heel shoes on stage for years and jumping around in them. A week before his death, Prince had to make an emergency landing in Illinois on the way back from Atlanta because of illness. He was treated with an opioid antidote at that time.
Prince Rogers Nelson investigation results attached pic.twitter.com/CMt6lQSGxJ
— Midwest Medical Exam (@MidwestMedExam) June 2, 2016